Are you familiar with “One Little Word”? The original inspiration began in 2007 by a scrapbooker named Ali Edwards. Here is some of the information from her website http://aliedwards.com/ :
“The idea is to choose a word (or let it choose you) that has the potential to make an impact on your life. Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself next year? It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. Maybe you want to invite something or maybe you are hoping to subtract something. Maybe your word will be practical or hopeful or creative or fanciful. Maybe you need a big word, something in-your-face that will challenge you every day. Maybe you need something smaller and quieter that will whisper gentle tidings as you make your way throughout the year. This is not your mother’s word or your spouse’s word or your child’s word – this is YOUR word. You can share it publicly or keep it close to your heart. One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here’s one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren’t ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities.”
So if you would like to participate or are curious, I have included a link with a list of words. There is even a worksheet by Christine Kane for those of you who are super duper ambitious. Ha!
And if you have read this far, I will share that my personal One Little Word for 2013 is “acceptance.” My past choices were “stretch” for 2012, “memories” for 2011,”commitment” for 2010 and “joy” for 2009.
So there you are. Is there a word or phrase that is calling out to you? What will 2013 bring?
- Personalized Cloth Bags on Etsy a Hit!
- Wholesale Cotton Bags Customer Review With Peter Loves Jane
- Wholesale Cotton Bags Customer Review With: ProCorp Images
- Cotton Muslin Bags That Are Right On Target: Customer Review With Prince Gun Leather
- Blogger Local Kansas City Interview with Anna at Loopy Mango
- Cotton Muslin Bags: A Pakistani Export That Helps American Businesses on Wholesale
- Wholesale Cotton Bags Customer Review With Knit Fit Seattle on Premium Muslin Bags
- Wholesale Cotton Bags Customer Review With Knit Fit Seattle on FAQ
- Wholesale Cotton Bags Customer Review With Peter Loves on Wholesale
- Cotton Muslin Bag Customer Review with Mack Weldon » Blogger Local Kansas City on Muslin Bags